Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Facts About Lisa

Posted 04/08/2007

Random Info about Lisa


So, I was reading a really good blog today. And I told Torrie (the writer of that blog) that I might have to use the idea. So, since I have no life and I'm not cooking for Easter (because I already cooked yesterday) I said what the hell. Here goes.

- People never know what to call me, because my last name has changed 2 times since high school. People from my childhood know me by one last name, anyone from the 80's and early 90's knows me with another last name, and those I've met after the mid-90's know me with the last name I have now.

- Lisa is just my nickname. My first name is actually Alissa, but very few people know me by that or even call me that. Not even my mama..unless I pissed her off.

- My middle name is Joy..and yes..I've heard every joke there is about that name.

- My family and friends have a really (they think) funny story about me stealing the *Joy* Maybe someday I'll share it...NOT

- Met my father once and only once..when I was 16, in court for child support.

- my theatrical debut was in the 3rd grade. I played in the Jungle Book..or something along those lines. My mother would know..lol

- for a very long time in grade school, I wanted to be a spelling bee champion. I was briefly.

- I was very very intelligent in grade school and middle school. Usually in the advanced classes. Never was any good in math though. Flunked all 4 years of high school and they gave me a pity passing grade, just because I tutored kids in every other subject. Also managed to pass gym all through high school..even though I only showed up for 1 gym class way back in 9th grade.

- Was accepted into every college I applied to. Was due to go to Morgan State College and even had my bus ticket. They called the week I was due to leave and said my financial aid had fallen through. Instead of just working through that, I gave up and never went. Biggest mistake of my life.

-Signed up for Job Corp and was assigned to the Westover location. Got there, met the gangsta ass lesbian who they wanted me to room with..was scared of girl on girl rape and called for a ride home. Yep..my Job Corp experience lasted all of 1 evening. I had to sign a waiver saying that I'd never apply again.

- Met my first hubby right after coming home from Job Corp.

- I have a tendancy to get fed up with my hair every 2 years or so, go into the bathroom and cut it down to about an inch. Then I just start all over again until I get fed up again.

- My hair only looks good very very short or long..never anything in between

- Every single time I am getting ready to sing on stage (EVERY SINGLE TIME) my nose starts running. It's a nervous habit, but only with singing. Thats why you will usually see me blow my nose before I go on stage. If you ever see me turn my back on stage, it's because I wanna secretly wipe my nose..lol

- Some of my favorite movies are HAIR, FAME and The Color Purple. I probably know the dialog from all of them front to back.

- I went to Boston's version of the FAME school (Metropathways) in High School. But I was never satisfied..I wanted to got o the REAL FAME school in NYC. I studied theater, music and dance. And while I love to dance and can dance, I have never been able to learn choreographed dances.

- I have a fantasy about being in the stage version of HAIR and singing "Easy to Be Hard" it's one of my all time favorite songs from a soundtrack.

- like Torrie, I am very anal when it comes to spelling and pronunciation. I won't ever correct someone, but if I get a chance, I will use the same word in a sentence with them. Hopefully, they will notice the difference.

- Oooh Torrie and I also agree on the fact that we both can't stand Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. On a personal level, add to that the ministers who pop up at every violent death in Boston. They are nothing but attention seekers. As soon as the cameras are off, they couldn't give 2 shits about you or the person you've lost. And yes..I DO know this from experience of losing someone violently.

- favorite songs of all time would include *A Change is Gonna Come*, *A Song For You*, *Casanova Brown*

- Favorite singers of all time are Donny Hathaway, Aretha Franklin, Teena Marie, R Kelly and Johnny Gill.

- love to cook for the people that I care about. My house has been compared to Big Mama's House on the weekends. Always have people coming in and out for plates of food and there is always something cooking.

- as much as I am Ms Independance..I'm VERY traditional when it comes to my relationships. I like to date "manly men" and prefer for them to take the lead.

- almost every man I ever SERIOUSLY dated has asked me to marry them.

- I love to go out and to dance, but usually you will find me just posted up in a corner of the bar.. people watching and drinking juice.

- very rarely drink liquor when I'm out. If I'm gonna drink, it's usually when I have a get together at home.

- love cooking soul food, caribbean food and pastas. I can't make any fancy stuff, but what I do make is usually pretty good. My mom wants me to open a cafe.

- never been a huge sports fan, but I can watch boxing all day and night..especially the bigger fighters.

- can't use the bathroom if there is a man in the house who is not immediate family.

- favorite bathroom in the hosue is painted burgundy and it is soo relaxing to shower with the lights off and candles burning and jazz playing

-I eat ridiculous amounts of original red swedish fish. Also charleston chews..but not the chocolate ones. I lost a filling because I tried to be greedy and hid my charleston chews in the back of the freezer. ..heard my child coming and bit down too hard on a frozen one. Greedy ass...

- cleaning and cooking have to be done with some nice old school musc playing loudly as I sing along

- hate cold water. never took a cold shower.

- breakfast is one of my favorite meals to make and eat

-am 5'5" and 3/4 and YES, that 3/4 really does count dammit!

- got first tattoo in Maryland

- have 9 tattoos now.I think I might be done

- when really nervous I don't know what to do with my hands, so I fiddle alot

-I walk on my toes if I am not being conscious about it.

- when really upset , I cuss like a sailer but then I get mixed up and start putting together combinations of swears that just make people laugh.

- I hate to argue and will avoid arguments at all costs. But when I finally blow...I am MEAN..like really evil with my words. I almost always feel horrible afterwards for what I've said.

-I can talk to my mom about any and everything. She is one of the strongest women I know..

-I tell my family and friends that I love them all day and night..but never say it in relationships, even if I am head over heels in love.

- I love the smells of yellow dial soap and love to smell a well groomed man.

- I love men and everything about their "essence" I love the differences between men and women

- can fall in like quick but it takes a long time to fall in love

- I'm pretty friendly with almost every one of my exes

- usually TOO open a book. I tend not to hold back when people ask me something.

- once I become disinterested in a man, I'm done for good, there's nothing that he can do to regain my interest

- hate females who are loud for no reason. sometimes i want to walk over and tell them to "shut the fuck up"

- hate females who need to be in the spotlight/center of attention. a real woman doesn't have to be the attention seeker people will seek her attention.

- only need 4 hours of sleep to function. more than 5 & a half i'll feel like shit

-the last four things were originally written by Torrie, but they were thoughts I've had too, so I kept them...

- I love to read. I'll read damn near anything.

- I laugh a LOT..but I also cry very very easily. I come off very tough, but I can be really emotionally fragile at times.

-I tend to wear fake nails because I have a very hard time keeping my fingers out of my mouth. I've tried everything,b ut I just can't stop. I even bite ont he fake nails constantly, but not hard enough to break them.

No comments:

Post a Comment