Tuesday, April 20, 2010

NYC Again?

Posted Oct 10, 2007


Okay...it has taken me a few days to write about this trip. Possibly because I was trying my damndest to forget most of the details. so, make a cup of coffee and settle in to read

Sooo..last week on Wednesday or so, I decide I have had ENOUGH..I just need some time away from it all. I don't need much time..a few hours. But I need to be in a completely different environment. So, I decide I am going to grab the 15.00 bus into NYC and just walk around for a few hours. Pass some time and be by MYSELF. I go to work on Thursday and mention to my coworker that I'm going to do this. She mentions that she had planned to do the same thing this weekend, but she was planning to stay overnight. Soooo after MUCH deliberation and negotiating (I REALLY couldn't afford an overnight trip or paying a babysitter for a weekend trip) I allow her to convince me that an overnight trip would be a good idea. Aja and Aaron agree to watch Imani and Kia will stop by a few times to give them a break with her.

Sooooooooo, Friday night I go out to Slades and participate in that fukkin farce they called a contest. Don't even GET me started on THAT! leave there at around 10 and go over to Biffs. Have a decent time at Biffs, except that I was text arguing with someone who meant a lot to me and I was still pissed off about the whole Slades thing. Started dancing with a guy who I'd been checking out for at least a year or two. End of the night, he and I go to get some chinese food and end up hanging out until I went home at around 5:30 Saturday morning(YES..we really did just hang out..nada happening) Now, have I mentioned that I am supposed to be up at 6:00 to get dressed and go to South Station? Nooo, you say? OR, have I mentioned that I still haven't packed? Noooooo. So I speed pack and am out the door at around 7:00. Have I mentioned..I never went to sleep either? So anyway....Luckily, as I was down at the bus stop at the corner...a gypsy cab driver I know saw me and drove me to the station. Get to the station at the same time as my co worker...we haul ass because our bus leaves at 8:00 and it's ohhhhhh...7:59 and 30 seconds by that point. We get the LITERALLY last 2 seats on the bus..which means that of course we are all snuggly in the aisles next to these massive sized freakin men who wouldn't think of perhaps...giving more than 3 inches of chair space to someone else.

And the long 4 hrs to NYC begin. About ohhh.....20 minutes into the ride, the first of the Imani calls begin *Imani is bugging ut* *Imani just slapped me* *Imani is going crazy over here and is jumping all over everything* etc, etc. After a few calls, I call Evy and ask her to call over to the house and put the fear of GOD into Imani. She does and Aja offers her 20.00 to take Imani *shrugs* By that point, I was just like...FUKK IT!

Okay..got to NYC...can I just say..Chinatown has a REALLY bad smell going on. Like REALLY REALLY bad. I don't wtf smell that is..but it is so amazingly gross. Chef Ramsey needs to do a damn walk through and check out some of those kitchens. After walking around and waiting for my coworkers friend, we finally head out. Onto the NYC trains, which I have never taken before. Get a metro card and throw 20.00 on it, assuming we will use at least 20.00 going back and forth for the next 24 hrs. And we start riding trains. Notice I said trains...Ummm, I thought we would be in the city. NO..we are going to the Atlantic Avenue Motel on Atlantic Ave/Utica and Schenectady Ave's in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. In case you are not familiar with Bed-Stuy...just think about it's nickname...*Do Or Die Bed Stuy* Yup..that's where ya girl was going. Oh wait..no..it's get's better. So, on the last of the 5..yes..that's FIVE trains we have to take...just imagine every single stereotypical NYC subway movie you have ever seen...when that one ridiculously psychotic, insane in the membrane, slasher psycho gets on the train....YEP..he was on it. I start digging in my bag and trying to be subtle, but making sure..I got SOMETHING to kill this mickee fickee with if he comes near me. And then I'm wondering..hmm..if I get arrested for murder..I gotta go to Ryker's..the BIG House...I'm farrrr too cute for Ryker's Prison..even on the women's side, they look like the men. So I sit and just look like a punk...shaking in my boots, avoiding eye contact, and praying some man will take a bullet for me and sincerely doubting it.

Okay, we get off the train at Utica Station. Umm yeah..no doubt about it..we are in DA HOOD. I have lived in DA HOOD long enough to recognize DA HOOD signs. Okay, that's fine. We walk down the block and around the corner to the motel. Okay..how do I describe this 207.00 a night motel? Umm...hmmm.....can you say HOOKER HOTEL? JUMP OFF SPOT? You choose your favorite...We check in...find out that normally, the rooms rent by the hour...go upstairs to the room. The room...is the size of my bathroom. No...really. It's the size of my bathroom. There is a bed...no, you didn't read that wrong. There is 1 bed. I go downstairs and ask for the room with 2 beds..they don't have those..just 1. We say...fukk it...let's make the best of it. But then...the coworker and male friend start making google eyes at each other. I decide to go for a walk down the street to give them some alone time..figuring they might kiss, cuddle..but seeing as there is only ONE bed..that will be all. So I leave...

BUTTTTTTT..as I'm walking, I'm realizing something. Now, I realize, I can have a cute factor some days. But these Bed Stuy guys are being REALLY aggressive. Like following me in their cars and honking and yelling out the window. At first I'm thinking.."well dayum...maybe I should move to Brooklyn, where the men appreciate a cute bitch". But then, it hit me...OMG...I am walking on the freakin HOOKER STROLL!!! These men think I am a HOOKER!!!!! OMG..I felt so vile!! I have to admit..the thought did cross my head that "hmm...maybe I COULD make enough o get my own damn room" But then, I had to let that thought go. So, I dip into this little strip mall and get some lunch and some tylenol. Call my girl to tell her I'm coming back and she says *NO..you can't come back yet...we are________* Okay, all together now....WTF?? YUCK!!!! On the only bed in the room???? After another hour and a half, I go back into the room...feeling like the 5th wheel like a muthafucka and with no place to sleep or comfortably even sit *gag*.

The rest of the trip pretty much went that way. I never went anywhere because I was so tired that I fell asleep in the room and stayed in the whole time. Oh wait,no. We did go over to the lil mall and bought some things for the kids and I got some Jamaican pimp who followed me and then finally jumped OUT of his car in the middle of the lane and ran over to me...demanding that I talk to him. YEH.....

Next day, we head out and take the MUCH shorter trip back, now that we know it is only 2 trains that we have to take, not 5...a train and then the d train...get on a nice non crowded bus and then realize that it is about 32 degrees on that muhfukka. No wonder I am sick today. Get back to Boston at 5:30, but because I have to go out to Cambridge to get Imani...I don't get home until 10p.m.

1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here laughing my ass off. You are so dang funny. Keep it coming Lisa.

    ReplyDelete