Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Finally Get " IT"

Originally Posted 06/19/2008

People keep asking me why I chose to move to Sumter, SC; and I keep trying to explain it..but it never seems to really explain my feelings. But as I was replying to an email today..I think I finally "got" it. I finally summarized what it is that I've been trying to say for a while. So I figured Id blog it. Hopefully, it can sort of explain my feelings.

*The move is still an adjustment, but I am so much more at peace here. I feel it to the core. BUT, I do miss Boston all the time. I miss the hustle and bustle of living in the city. I miss the community feel, the arts, the culture, the poetry and open mic scene (VCR!), the community activism, music, Slades, the different flavas of the city...Lenny's steak and cheese on coco bread, Dunkin Donuts at Dudley..all of that.

I think SC is for the here and now. The move was necessary....Id lost my love for and my hope in Boston. I need a few years to sort of regroup and EXHALE, to see some more of the world and see how I react TO the world...but then, I need to return to the city, maybe Boston, maybe Baltimore. Maybe I can view it through "new eyes" and a revitalized spirit and energy. Return with a new path for my life. To get back on the track that has always guided me..to make a DIFFERENCE. They say home is where the heart is, and right now..my heart isn't in Boston OR SC..it is still searching, if that makes sense.*

No comments:

Post a Comment