Friday, September 4, 2020

Trials Into Testimonies

When your tests become testimony...Alhamdulillah.   This is where I was Tuesday:

No covid, but I am on a covid unit because I have rhinovirus. Apparently rhinovirus affects regular people just like a cold, but for people with severe asthma or copd, it's been attacking their lungs exactly like covid, and they've been seeing a rise in deaths. They have also seen an increase in dual infections with people with severe asthma and copd...they have been presenting with both covid and rhinovirus. 

Thankfully, I have tested negative for covid, but the rhinovirus is hitting my lungs very hard. It basically keeps them inflamed and seems to make them resistant to the usual medical treatment. They have already sat with me and had the conversations regarding my "choices", should it come to that...do I want to be resuscitated,  do I want to be intubated if I can no longer breathe on my own, who my medical proxy is in the event that i can no longer make my medical choices for myself.  

They also found that due to working so hard from the asthma, my heart is now leaking proteins, so they are concerned that I am close to having a heart attack.

In full disclosure..only a few of you know..but about 3 weeks ago..my doctors also discovered that I have a mass in my lung, in addition to some smaller nodules.  I am assured that we are going to follow up on this, but also that as a non smoker..my risks are very small for lung cancer.   GOD got this y'all!  Besides, HE ain't ready for me AND Aja's foolishness up in the same place again, lol.

Like I said..all of this was Tuesday..Now its Friday and here comes the Testimony...I'm breathing on my own again...Alhamdulillah!  And the leak in my heart has stopped for now.  We will follow up on that.  So ya girl is going home today ❤  I'll be on full bedrest for a few days, as I still get too winded standing up or walking..and I'll be on breathing treatments every 2-4 hours..but I can do it from home.  Thank You so much to everyone who has prayed over me, called, message, texted, left comments, etc.. I've seen them all and I have so much gratitude.  Thank You.  I Love You

1 comment:

  1. now THIS is the blog I am USED to seeing - the one you SPORADICALLY keep up with :) :) and your entries are always WORTH reading !!

    ReplyDelete