Friday, May 18, 2012

American Idol Top 2

I think my love of AI has finally run it’s course. I’ve just tired of the push to put certain people through. It’s like it is set up and they know who will be the winner from the get go. And the ones that they intend to go through…you hear them always praising. And the ones they don’t… they find a reason to criticize.

They know who they want to push into the top 10 and therefore into the Summer AI Tour…who will sell seats and who won’t. My friend wants us to go to see the tour, but truthfully…between all that country music and the fact that I KNOW AI will pimp Joshua out (c’mon…we all know who they will have headlining, even though he didn’t win..because truthfully…while I’d watch a Jessica or Phillip video for a few minutes..they are most boring performers I have seen in forever) I dont really want to show support to AI. I would seriously buy tix to a Joshua concert TODAY, buy the cd, buy the concert tix, go to a in-store meet n greet…you name it. He has that IT thing that makes him connect to music, to people, etc. He has superstar written all over him. Philip has indie label/1-2 cd lifespan written all over him, Jessica has Tommy Mottola and Svengali written all over her. She will be groomed by the best and will have great success and we will care about her about as much as we care about the dirt that is behind the toilet… memorable voice, but not a memorable person. Maybe with some years she will..but now…MEH. Joshua on the other hand…you want to have over for dinner, have as a fb friend, go to family reunions and cookouts with…you just fall in love with him as a person AND as a performer.

1 comment: