Monday, August 5, 2013

A Season, A Reason, A Moment

A few weeks ago, I was asked a question on Ask.FM.  I don't remember the exact wording, but to paraphrase "we used to spend time together and now we don't..what happened?"  Since I didn't know who asked me, it was hard to answer honestly.  So I gave this vague kind of "I've changed".  And although that's true..it's not the complete story.

I truly believe that unless you are stuck in some sort of time warp...all of are in a state on constant change.  That being said..the Lisa that you knew 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago, 2 months ago...she no longer exists.  People are in your life for a season, a reason and a moment.  I may have absolutely adored the ground you walked on 5 years ago...but if I have somehow determined that ultimately..you are not good for or to my life or spirit...then you needed to be eliminated.

I admit, there are some people who I keep in my life, but that is because I know that they are in my life for a REASON.  Whether it is teach me, to somehow enhance my spirit or because selfishly I simply need them.  These are people that will always be in my life, in my spirit, in my heart and in my thoughts.  They have shown me that they "are down for me", that they innately care about what happens to LISA and I them.

Those who were in my life for a SEASON.  Maybe we dated, maybe we were friends, maybe we shared some experiences.  At some point, I determined that you were not productive to the place I am ultimately trying to be emotionally, spiritually, mentally or physically.  It may not have occurred to me in that time..but at some point..it did.  That Lisa you knew..that you experienced...she longer exists anyway.  Stop trying to recapture a moment that we shared in the past.  As the saying goes...that ship has sailed.  There can many reasons that I shut people off.  But the main reasons are usually one of the following:  You have proved to me that you do not have my best interests at heart, You have shown to me that your interest in me is primarily a sexual interest, I have grown bored of your "shtick", I realize that I am simply an option in your life and not a priority.  Don't try to change my mind, or recapture a season..it won't happen.  I am one of those people who when they close a door....it remains closed.  I can be polite to you, hang out with you...and hopefully in that time, you will see that I am a changed woman.  If not..perhaps it is because you really are stuck in a place where you choose to remain.  Just know that I cannot join you there.

Those who were in my life for a MOMENT.  Simply put...its a wrap.  You were a hiccup in my life.  Maybe our moment lasted a day...a few weeks, a year.  Either way, in my mind and spirit..I have deleted you completely.  In my life's storybook...I will not even write about you.  This is because I have determined you to be a complete waste of my life's time.  Maybe you did something that I perceived as disrespectful to me or someone that I love, maybe I just have realized that you contribute nothing to my life, yet leech from my heart, spirit, finances, or body, Maybe what you do contribute is a waste of time, Maybe I know you are stuck in a holding pattern that you will never leave from, etc.  There are many many reasons.  But at the end of the day...our moment has passed us.

So...look within.  What group do you think you fall in?  Analyze self.  I do it constantly.  Before I look at others and expect them to fix their shyt...I understand that I have to be able to do it myself.  And I have a lot of shyt to fix.  I have fixed a lot of it.  But so much more remains.

Ask yourself...are YOU a SEASON, a REASON or a MOMENT to the people around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment