Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tales From A Single Woman

Soooooo many things to talk about.  Where do I begin?

Okay.  This is gonna sound hella selfish, but meh....sometimes that is what you just have to be.  I have decided that going forward, I am no longer going to date anyone that does not have either a car or a valid license and access to a car.  I am tired of being the chauffer.  And a man without a car is just so wrong to me.  Now understand...if I were still in Boston, this really wouldn't be as big an issue. (Yes...yes it would now that I think about it)  But here in South Carolina...you really do have to have a car.

Im a spontaneous kind of woman.  I enjoy getting out and about.  And being the only driver really hinders that.  There are times when I just wanna jump in the car and go, and when I have to wait to make pickup arrangements, drive 30-40 minutes to pick you up, wait on you...blah blah blah....nah, the spontanaity is killed.  Then for dates, I gotta factor in time to pick you up and drop you off afterward.  Its too much damn work.  Can't just ever do a casual get together after work.

Part of me wonders...how does a man feel like a man if he is sitting at home, waiting on a woman to come pick him up all the time?  And is it just me, or do the people who don't have cars and don't drive...seem to be the bossiest damn people about YOUR time and car?

Okay...so thats where I stand on that.

Next....this whole thing of "I'll just come by and we can watch a movie and chill"  Oh and if I am REALLY lucky "Oh, I'll just come by and you can cook and we can watch a movie and chill".  NEGATIVE.  I stopped that a long time ago.  I can sit on my couch by my damn self.  I don't need you invading my personal space.  And don't do me any favors "letting" me cook my damn food for your broke ass.  And that tired ass excuse "I'm a homebody, I really don't do the whole going out thing" will leave your tired (aka BORING) ass sitting in your damn house alone.

Okay..lemme stop before I get accused of man bashing.  But hell, I'm an equal opportunity basher.  I know plenty of chicks who are just as needy.  But I haven't tried to date them, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment